· 1 lb ground beef, or porc, or chicken
· 800ml tomato sauce (1 can)
· 2 cups cashews, soaked in water as long as possible (max. 2 hours)
· 2 cups chopped cauliflower, steamed or 2 cups Broccoli stalks steamed
· 3 tsp lemon juice
· 2 dl water
· 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
· 1/2 tsp onion powder optional
· 3 medium zucchini
· Slice the zucchini with a mandolin set at 1/4" thick (should yield 12-14 zucchini slices.
· Salt the zucchini and let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
For the Meat Sauce
· In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef.
· Add the tomato sauce. Season to taste.
· Drain and rinse cashews
· Place all of the cheese sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
For the Lasagna
· Spread the tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9x9" pan.
· Place 1 layer of zucchini onto of the tomato sauce
· Top the zucchini with cheese sauce.
· Repeat with another layer of meat sauce, zucchini, and cheese sauce. At the top there should be cheese sauce.
· Bake for 30 minutes and the top is golden brown.
· Let cool slightly before cutting.