· 3/4 cups finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1/2 cup butter, softened
· 1/2 cup sweetener
· 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 large egg
· 100 g high % cacao chocolate, finely chopped
1. For the cookies, preheat the oven to 165°C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter with sweetener. Beat in vanilla and egg until well combined. Beat in flour mixture until dough is well mixed.
4. Stir in chopped chocolate
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press each ball with the heel of your hand to 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until just beginning to brown and barely firm to the touch.
7. Remove from oven and let cool on pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.