I started my new year pretty well, I hit the gym in the morning of January 1st and had a pretty nice low carb brunch with my family. Here is one hit which everybody loved, my wheat free bagels. I hope you enjoy them too.
· 1 ½ cup blanched almond meal
· 5 TBS Psyllium husk powder
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp salt
· 2 ½ TBS apple cider vinegar
· 2 eggs
· 210 ml boiling water (or Marinara sauce for Tomato/Basil bread)
1. Mix all ingredients in order and mix well.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C
3. Form into a bagel/Donut form
4. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely
You can make buns or sub with it.
If you are having troubles raising it just use 3 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs!
Total of 15 g net carbs